AFC Mansfield

Monday, January 09, 2017

RYAN WILLIAMS


It is with great regret and sadness that the club wishes to announce the departure of player/coach Ryan Williams.  As a club, we usually don’t comment on comings and goings, but in Ryan’s case it was felt that his time at the club should be acknowledged.

Since coming to the club in the latter stages of the 2014/15 season Ryan has conducted himself in a professional and respectful way.  Always 1st to training and never missing a session despite the lengthy journey’s he has had to make in the 2 years he has been with us.

Ryan had this to say about his time at the club “I had been told good things about the club and wasn’t disappointed when I signed.  It is a well-run club with some fantastic people behind the scenes from management, Chairman and all the staff who contribute to the smooth running of the club.  Work and travel have taken its toll and I feel I need to be a little more local in what I do going forward.  I still love my football and will probably play for somebody local for the remainder of the season.  Chairman Andy Saunders and Manager Rudy Funk have been fully understanding of my situation and we part on the best of terms.

I have really enjoyed my time and will leave with fond memories and some good friends.  I think we have achieved a lot in a short space in time and I believe the club will go on to be even more successful in the future.  There is no doubt I will be down to watch a game soon just to make sure the lads are keeping the standard up we have set over the last 2 seasons.  Good luck to everybody at the club and a big heartfelt thanks to all”.

Ryan has made 92 appearances and scored 27 goals.  His assists are probably too many to mention and leaves us with some great memories.  His performances at times have been real class and he has without doubt moved the club forward in the way we now play and how we conduct ourselves on and off the pitch.  He was instrumental in the club gaining promotion last season and was an important part of the team that has reached the last 16 and last 32 of the FA Vase during his tenure at the club.  Not to mention the 3rd Qualifying Round of The FA Cup this season.

He will be sorely missed and it will take a lot to fill his boots.  Thank you for all you have done for the club ‘Rhino’ from everybody at AFC Mansfield.
Just a few Ryan Williams pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment